The CECAD Imaging Facility was founded in 2009 as a light microscopy facility for the excellence cluster and the University campus. In 2013, the facility was extended to a light and electron microscopy platform. We are located at the CECAD main building at the Uniclinics campus and provide a spectrum of services to the scientists.
Head of Imaging Facility
Tel. +49 221 478 840 27
CECAD Cologne / Imaging Facility
We are charging for our services. Graduated charges apply for the different user groups (Members of CECAD, University staff, external scientists). Enquiries can be addressed to Dr. Astrid Schauss.
- Kondadi AK, Wang S, Montagner S, Kladt N, Korwitz A, Martinelli P, Herholz D, Baker MJ, Schauss AC, Langer T, Rugarli EI. (2014) Loss of the m-AAA protease subunit AFG3L2 causes mitochondrial transport defects and tau hyperphosphorylation. EMBO J. May 2;33(9):1011-26.
- Rishmawi L, Pesch M, Juengst C, Schauss AC, Schrader A, Hülskamp M. (2014) Non-Cell-Autonomous Regulation of Root Hair Patterning Genes by WRKY75 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. May;165(1):186-95.
- Anand R, Wai T, Baker MJ, Kladt N, Schauss AC, Rugarli E, Langer T. (2014) The i-AAA protease YME1L and OMA1 cleave OPA1 to balance mitochondrial fusion and fission. J Cell Biol. Mar 17;204(6):919-29.
- Donovan C, Schauss A, Krämer R, Bramkamp M. (2013) Chromosome segregation impacts on cell growth and division site selection in Corynebacterium glutamicum. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e55078.
- Anton F., Fres J.M., Schauss A., Pinson B., Praefcke G.J., Langer T., Escobar-Henriques M. (2011) Ugo1 and Mdm30 act sequentially during Fzo1-mediated mitochondrial outer membrane fusion. J Cell Sci Apr 1;124(Pt 7):1126-35.